Eagleswings

12.01.2005

Sausage Supper

Here is one of my husbands favorite meals and I must admit that it ranks pretty high up there on my list too.

Sausage Supper

1 lb. pork sausage
1/2 cup chopped onion
2 T. flour
1 can (4 oz) tomato paste
1 can (8 oz) tomato sauce
1 can (16 oz) diced tomatoes
1 can (4 oz) mushroom pieces and stems
1 t. oregano
1/2 t. basil
1/2 t. garlic salt
1/8 t. pepper
1 can refrigerated buscuits
1 cup shredded mozarella cheese

In 10'' oven-proof skillet, brown sausage and onion; drain. Sprinkle with flour. Add all ingredients except biscuits and cheese and mix well. Heat until hot and bubbly, stirring until slightly thickened. Simmer while preparing dough. Cut each biscuit into 4 pieces. Arrange biscuits pieces over hot meat mixture; sprinkle with cheese. Bake at 400 deg. for 12-16 minutes until golden brown.

Note: I just use a 3-qt. sauce pan and transfer the mixture to a Pyrex 9x13 dish before I put the biscuits and cheese on top. It works quite well.

Yum!

2 Comments:

  • I'm getting very hunger

    By Blogger TJ Draper, at 3:20 PM  

  • I was needing a new recipe so will try this one this week. It sounds wonderful. Thanks, TJ, for the inspiration!

    By Blogger prairie girl, at 9:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home