Eagleswings

9.01.2005

It's a jungle out there

The result of all this rain has been more then high gas prices for us, I'm afraid. Before the rain we were a week overdue in mowing the lawn. Now it is getting dangerously high. The house is threatening to disappear. The bush in the front yard is completely undistinguishable from the grass around it (of course that is particually bad because we haven't been weed-eating the grass in the planter and it has been allowed to grow freely all summer). Something must be done . . . which means that I'll be mowing this afternoon. Ah well. Exercise is good for me. The roof is completely finished and that is a nice feeling. No more leaks in the house. Unfortunately, all the rain flooded our crawlspace which was where the weed-eater was. It was completely submerged this morning. TJ believes it is ruined, but my limited knowledge of moters allows me to remain hopeful that a miricle will occur and it will run after it drys out. Thankfully, the lawn mower moter remained over the water level.

2 Comments:

  • It's ruined ;-)

    By Blogger TJ Draper, at 11:26 AM  

  • Sine we don't have internet at the house, Rachel doesn't get on as often as she would like to, so I'll give you just a little update. We live near Nashville,TN. The rain has stopped and it has been very nice lately. it was 72° this morning when I left for work. It is supposed to be a high of 91° today.

    I'm sure she'll update you much better than I can when she is able to get online sometime. She goes to the library and checks her email quite often, but I'm not sure if she checks up on her blog.

    By Blogger TJ Draper, at 10:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home