Eagleswings

6.09.2005

And so it continues . . .

I feel like I have been running non-stop this past couple weeks. I have been to Tennessee two times since my last post. I have so much stuff to move. The house is filling up with stuff fast. . .I don't know where we will put it all. TJ has been great about keeping it reletively organized and uncluttered. At least the living room and kitchen. The spare room is another story. I think it will have to wait until I move in though. It is mostly my stuff in there and TJ is too busy to go through it. Also, it is mostly stuff that I need to go through. There are ten boxes of books which are looking for a home. Unfortunately, they don't have one at the moment. Bookshelves are high up on the priority list, but it still may be a while before we get them. Oh well, they will be fine in boxes for the time being.

I've made significant progress on the second flowergirl dress. Unfortunatly, it hasn't gone together as well as the first. None of the seams on the bodice matched the seams of the skirt when I went to sew them together so I had to resew some of the skirt. That seems (no pun intended) to have helped a lot, but I'm a little worried about the dress fitting. According to the measurements it should fit, but there didn't seem to be a whole lot of room when I tried it on Abigail last week. If it doesn't fit when she comes next week, I think I'm going to sit down and cry. And then I'll get up and sew another bodice. Thankfully, I think I have enough fabric.

Mom has been cooking like crazy. She is fixing the meal for after church on Sunday (in addition to planning the reception!). We are expecting between 75-100 people so she has her work cut out for her. But she seems to have planned everything well. Most of the food is being cooked this week and then going in the freezer until Sunday. I hope I am even half as good as she is. She is the best. Thanks Mom!!

1 Comments:

  • Hey, Rachel, we continue to pray for you guys every day!

    I told your mom that I remember the weeks before Mollie's wedding and how bittersweet they were. Try to relax and enjoy it...it will go so fast and once it is over, it is over!

    I will see you next weekend...this weekend I am busy...making LOTS of fruit slushes!!!

    By Blogger prairie girl, at 4:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home