Eagleswings

4.17.2005

Old Photographs


Grandma & Grandpa
Originally uploaded by eagleswings.
This is a picture of my grandparents, Ralph & Laurel Jean Price. It was taken a couple years after they were married. They were married in 1941 in Russell, IA. My aunt Dianne was born in 1942. At that time they were living in Peoria, IL and Grandpa was working for LeTourneau. Grandpa was greatly impressed by LeTourneau's work ethic. He gave all of his workers free lunch under the condition that they listen to him preach the gospel. Grandpa continued to work for LeTourneau until he moved his company to Texas. At this point my grandparents moved back to Iowa.

3 Comments:

  • This is a neat picture. Where did they live in Peoria?

    By Blogger james3v1, at 9:28 AM  

  • I don't know. I will have to ask Grandma the next time I see her.

    By Blogger Rachel, at 9:29 PM  

  • My dad told me that it was about 1117 Nebraska Ave. According to him the house is still there. According to Grandma, it was on the outskirts of town when they lived there.

    By Blogger Rachel, at 9:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home